31 December 2022

2022 in numbers


2022 was to me, a year of being forced to go out to the dangerous outside instead of my preferred staying at home. Covid-19 is still out there but noboday seems to care anymore. My 'went out' count skyrocketed when I started doing the chauffeur duty for kids' tuition and activities.

Here are the 2022 numbers:


125 blog entries. 15 years consistently without fail. Enough said.

17 days of commute to work recorded, which covered 756.1 kilometres, giving an average of 44.5 kilometres per day.

4 petrol filling recorded. My four years old Civic is doing an average of 14.0 kilometre per litre of petrol. Sample size is too small to be meaningful.

23 days of leave taken. 2 more days compared to last year. This is a healthy trend. =)

136 days of worked till overtime-worthy late, a 16.7% reduction from last year. This is still an unhealthy number of overtime, but at least in the right trend. I have all overtime duration recorded, the total is 274 hours and 2 minutes, and the average overtime duration is 2 hours 0 minutes and 54 seconds.

Putting the overtime count into perspective: 52 weeks of 5 working days = 260 working days. Take away 17 public and replacement holidays, and take away 23 days of leave I had 220 working days. Out of the 220 days I worked overtime 136 days, that's 61.8%. This is just sad.

0 days on business trip. =)

14 online tabletop gaming sessions held. We played 5 board games this year, primarily the same games we played last year, only tried a new game once. There are many games to try but no time to read up on how to play so...

39 novels read, all new books and no reread this year, think this is a first. Average of 9.4 days for a book. Read rate is fantastic this year, I usually take two weeks per book.

1 patent filing and 1 trade secret. As decided last year, the reward money is my fund for charity, so I have the motivation to continue innovating and inventing.

45, 18, 15, 13, 4+1 for my own reference.


Happy New Year dear reader, wish you a wonderful 2023.



Other |hyped up heads up| category entries.


No comments: