19 December 2022

World Cup 2022


World Cup has ended with Argentina winning the Cup in penaltly shootout after 3:3 tie.

I am not a football fan so I surprised myself watching the 3rd place match and the final.

The Croatia versus Morocco 3rd place match was boring, made me regret watching it, rather be sleeping.

The Argentina versus France final on the other hand was worth it. It's entertaining, with plot twist and cliffhangers, glad I didn't go to sleep after the first half thinking Argentina had it in their bag with the 2:0 score and the listlessness of France team.

Then the plot twist ten minutes before the second half ended, France got their equalizer in two short minutes and suddenly the match became very exciting.

Second half ended with a cliffhanger 2:2 tie. Messi of Argentina scored first in the extra time, then France again got their equalizer from a foul in the penalty area. The extra time ended in another cliffhanger 3:3 tie.

Shame really, was hoping the match ends without having to go to penalty shootout.

I am glad Argentina won in the end, a 4:2 penalty shootout score. I think their team have better teamwork and ball control.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: