12 July 2021

1st dose done


Today, I feel particularly grateful that I work in a company that places the wellbeing of its employees as high importance.

My company puts in the resources to set up a Covid-19 vaccination centre for its employees and also those of nearby companies, working with the government to speed up the vaccination process.

Hence today I got my first vaccine shot, I am pretty sure if it's not for the company's effort, I would still be waiting for the appointment. The backdoor government has failed miserably.

Thinking it would be like typical hospital or government process, where waiting is the norm, I brought along a novel to pass the time.

I am very pleasantly surprised by how smooth and efficient the whole process went, gotta say it has been well planned and executed. Again I feel proud to be part of the company, this is how we do things.

From me reaching the centre to when I got my Sinovac shot took less than 15 minutes. The 15 minutes observation period after vaccination was the longest wait time throughout the whole process, and that wasn't long enough for me to warm the chair, I didn't bothered to take out my novel. I used that time to send WhatsApp messages instead. =P

Since selfie is not my thing, I skipped the photo booth, took my souvenir, which was handed to me by the highest ranking local boss of my company, and came home. From entering to exiting, I was in the vaccination centre slightly under 30 minutes.

So ya, I got my first Covid-19 vaccine dose, looking forward to my second dose in three weeks' time.



Other |hyped up heads up| category entries.


No comments: