22 April 2020

I am happy when he died, part deux


Finished watching the Game of Thrones television series about a week ago.

Well, adaptation decay is apparent even for a goldfish memory reader like me, the television series storyline deviated further and further away from the source material, especially in the later seasons.

My goldfish memory remembers Catelyn Stark revived after the Red Wedding, but that's not in the television series.

Actually, I remember many characters being revived in the book version since I remember saying to myself: "WTF, another?"

Since the television series is ahead of the source material in the later seasons, there are definitely some new contents that I have never read in the books.

The ending is just... meh! What a disappointment.

But anyway, here are a few more happy moments for me, other than when the prick died.

*** Spoiler warning! If you have not seen the Game of Thrones television series and do not want to have the content spoiled, then stop reading now. Considered yourself warned. ***




- when the bitch Cersei Lannister got thrown into a dungeon cell in episode 7 of season 5.

- when the sadist Ramsay Bolton got eaten alive by his hounds in episode 9 of season 6.

- when Arya efficiently killed Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish in episode 7 of season 7.

Besides the disappointing ending, I am also disappointed by the great war between the living and the dead, it's just too darn dark and I couldn't see much of the actions.

And Cersei got off easy, I am disappointed by the way she died, she deserved worse.

Oh well, at least I am done with the series now, I enjoyed it, and can see why so many people like it.



Other |enjoyable events| category entries.


No comments: