04 April 2020

I am happy when he died


First week of March, out of the blue I decided it's time to check out the television series Game of Thrones.

You know, to see what all the fuss is about.

I read the A Song of Ice and Fire series novels back in 2016, when a five books set, up to A Dance with Dragons, was on sale.

Bought the books thinking it's a complete set, only to find out after reading that it's not, the series has not ended yet.

Hate it when this happens. Why sell as a set when it's not a complete set?

Bollocks!

Means I will have to reread all of them when the series actually ends and when I finally buy the novels.

Yea, goldfish memory...

Don't get me wrong, I like to read, it's one of my hobbies. What makes rereading this series less appealing is because I remember a not very enjoyable read the first time through.

The many characters, places and names were tedious. Often times when reading I didn't know who was who and from where, that took away the enjoyment.

So it's a pleasant surprise that the television version helped by putting faces to names, that I have found the television series enjoyable.

And from my not so reliable memory, the television version has been faithful to the book's version, so that's another pleasant surprise.

Well, at least up to where I have watched so far.

Just wanted to record the joy I felt when the prick Joffrey died in episode 2 of season 4.

Good riddance!



Other |enjoyable events| category entries.


No comments: