07 February 2019

Finally...


Ever since I returned from England and moved into the current home, I have wanted to update the address on my national identity card.

Today, almost twelve years later, I finally got it done. slacker point +1

The slacker point thing aside, it's actually not for the lack of trying.

Over the years I have been there many times, that building practically has no parking space for the public. The multi-storey car park is just for the employees, and they even barred three-quarter of the open parking spaces, leaving less than twenty spaces for the public.

And there is no public car park nearby, since illegal parking is not my thing, all those times I tried to get this address change done, every single time I gave up after making a few rounds trying to look for a parking space.

Today, wifey dropped me off, went home while I spent two hours mostly waiting and bored out of my mind, then came picked me up after I was done and gave her a call.

There were three different number series and two alphabet series on going in parallel, and people have to go to different counter depending on which step in the process they are on, meaning their number can be called a few times throughout the process.

So I have no idea the actual number of people before me, but for the queue I was on, based on that number series, there were 50 numbers before mine. Two hours for me to go through the whole process, so less than 3 minutes per person, actually not too bad, if only they have more counters to process more in parallel.

Still plenty of room for improvement, can definitely be done faster, more efficiently and more conveniently.

Oh well, should have brought a book.

Also, if I have done it twelve years ago, I would have a younger looking photo on my identity card... =P



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: