19 September 2017

Sensitive phone


-----

Caveman vs mobile phone series: |1| |2| |3| |4| |5| |6| |7| |8| |9|

-----

March 2016 to September 2017, that's how long I have been using my second smartphone. A disappointingly short period of time compared to my first smartphone, and I still didn't get any smarter...

I had four days off thanks to replacement holidays, the first three days I just stayed home and did nothing, today I actually had things to do out, and of course the phone decided to quit this morning.

Bollocks.

I actually like the second smartphone, it is more than sufficient for my need and it has not given me any problem, until today. It hang this morning after I turned it on, and refused to start up after I did a hard reboot. It just quit like that and my limited revival skill failed to resuscitate it.

Interesting enough, the first thing that came to my mind was what a colleague friend said last Friday during lunch, when he was cheating the game EverWing on his phone.

When I said I don't play game on smartphone or tablet (because I am not a touchscreen as game control fan), he said that's because my smartphone is too lousy and outdated.

I don't deny that I have cheap phone, I am actually quite proud of my sensibility. I am one of those who thinks expensive phones are ridiculously jacked up, making them absolutely poor value for money, and are just the silly luxury and perk of the rich.

I am not rich, and I like to think I am sensible.

But I guess the phone doesn't like being bad-mouthed. Phones have feelings too! Especially these smart ones.

In Mandarin there is a saying: crow mouth, someone who said something bad about a certain thing and jinxed it. So I am blaming that colleague friend! =P


Anyway, it's good to have in-laws who pass down their old smartphones. Wifey has a couple ready hand-me-downs for me as replacement, I picked the Samsung Duos, the dual SIM is handy on the rare occasion when I am on business trip.

As a veteran of one smartphone transfer and set up, this second time is no big deal. =)

Smartphone 4 : Caveman 2


No comments: