28 September 2017

El cheapo


My department has decided to cancel the annual dinner this year.

This is the first time since I joined the company, we have always had an annual dinner.

I asked colleagues from the other departments, they still have their annual dinner, so looks like it is just my department.

Cost saving initiative, no doubt.

As we all know sending the manager overseas quarterly on business class to have face to face meetings instead of video conferencing is critical to business.

The cost of just one of those trips would have covered the annual dinner for the entire local department here.

But I guess face to face meetings are what get things done, all those troubles and issues can be resolved by talking and discussion. Who needs hands on, getting the hands dirty, the actual action of fixing stuff? It's not like the managers do those things, don't be silly!

I broke my sarcasm meter long ago, but I can hear my neighbour's going off like crazy. =P 

Aiiiih... feel so strange to not have an annual lucky draw dinner.



Other |runaway rants| category entries.


No comments: