02 May 2013

Evolution


To the caveman within me:

I am sorry, truely I am.

But I cannot deny that genuine disappointment I felt when I found out that a colleague has gotten his black version of the smartphone today while I have to wait till next week for my white version.

It's then that I realised I am looking forward to getting the smartphone.

That eager anticipation is a clear indication that we are drifting apart. I... I... I don't know what to say.

When the pigs flew and I had fallen to the dark side all those years ago, I thought I could still keep my identity, albeit tainted.

Please know that all these years you are still a big part of me, remember that hiccup?

And despite having the mobile phone for years now, it still jolts me everytime I received a SMS. Honestly, I kid you not.

They called that kind of mobile phone a 'dumb phone' nowadays, but... but... dumb phone suits me just fine really. I can't make up my mind if it's because I am dumb, or because I am smart enough I don't need a smartphone.

Anyway, my dear inner caveman, I think I am losing you... I am losing my identity.

I think I have evolved.

My dear inner caveman, I want to give you this song, a song from our goddess, sorry.


No comments: