13 December 2012

Funny Mr Nerdy Nerdy


Had a really pleasant surprise a few days ago when I returned from lunch and found a giant envelope on my desk.

fake unsuccessful postal delivery is the excuse used

My birthday happened while I was on business trip, and apparently I am to believe that they have sent the card there, failed to reach me in time, so the card being returned, and all that took exactly a month. ^_^

Oh, the pen is included in the photos for size reference, and no, that's not a mini pen! =P

cute card

Lame excuse aside, it's truely surprising to receive a birthday card a month after my birthday, and genuinely heart-warming knowing the time and effort needed to go round collecting birthday wishes and signatures. Oh I know.

So thank you very much! I am really touched.

wow, I have colleagues and friends who care! =P

Are you all trying to make a sentimental fool (me) cry?

Overjoyed and touched, truely. Gratitude and appreciation, sincerely.

Another surprise is when I found out that it's actually not the usual suspects who initiated this, but a colleague who I never thought as the sentimental type. Thank you Ayam! ^_^


Not finding any suitable place to hang the card in my cubicle, I eventually brought it home.

My elder son discovered the card the next morning and came to me holding the card while I was preparing to leave for work. After asking from whom and when did I get the card, and other usual questions, he asked something a bit unusual.

Hsiang: is this you? *pointing at the guy with spectacles on the card*

Me: why do you say so?

Hsiang: because he is wearing spectacles and looks like Funny Mr Nerdy Nerdy.

Me: I look like Funny Mr Nerdy Nerdy?

Hsiang: yes, hahahahaha!

Me: -_-

Mr Nerdy Nerdy

I have no idea where he learned that from, but at least he said I am funny!


No comments: