28 December 2012

Coffee lovers rejoice (while I cry)


For someone who needs to eat supper every night, having a 24/7 Mamak store round the corner is a good thing.

A very good thing. You know, sense of comfort and security, like a safety net.

When Subaidah closed for renovation, wifey and I have been eagerly awaiting its reopening. Took months, but the wait is finally over! The only thing is, it's not Subaidah that has reopened, but...

Starbucks, WTF!?!

Why oh why?!?!! >_<

Where am I going to get my Maggie Goreng fix now? And my quick and easy meal solution when wifey left me alone?

Bollocks!

Do you really need to have another store between Gurney Plaza and Straits Quay? Really? -_-

Starbucks, now available every 1km in Tanjung Tokong area!

Ever since that birthday dinner all those years ago, I made it a point to go have a Maggie Goreng on or if out of town, shortly after, my birthday every year. I even started to go for Maggie Goreng with sotong for such occasion instead of the normal plain version that I order on other days.

The place has sentimental value, and now they took it away. =(

yea yea, caffeine on the go, whatever!

I am sure the coffee lovers and hippies will be happy with this new addition. I am neither so I just feel like crying for the lost of my beloved mamak store.

Inevitably by writing this rant I have helped to advertise the store, something that I consciously avoid doing on my blog for I want to keep my blog commercial free. Oh well. More bollocks!

Anyone working in Starbucks who read this and has the good grace to pay me advertisement fees please feel free to do so. =P

Don't worry, I am super-elite-ultra-platinum member of both www.tankuku.com and www.banbantan.com.


No comments: