11 December 2012

12.12.12


Even the Americans can't get this date wrong in their backward format. =P

Let me state the obvious here: it's a special date because for the Gregorian calendar, by omitting the first two digits of the year, gives us a set of same number once per century. There are only twelve such dates per century.

It's special in that way, that's it. Though of course the opportunists will make a big hoo-ha out of it to fatten their own purse. Same old same old.

Anyway, there are those who like to choose this kind of special date for their special day, like engagement, marriage, child birth, or what not. This makes it doubly special or something?

Only thing is it's doubly special for a gazillion others who have the same idea, and that, to me, makes it not so special anymore. While I know I share my birthday, wedding date with many others, it's no way near the gazillion number of people on such special date.

I prefer a date to be special because it's a special day for me, instead of a special date to make my day special. ^_^

Read the above sentence a few more times and it will be as clear as mud. =P

Though a special date is really good for people like me who has goldfish memory, easier to remember so I won't miss important milestones like anniversary!


No comments: