29 November 2007

Status update: Operation Sparrow Nest

(this is an inside joke, don't beat yourself if you don't understand, I don't understand most of what I wrote most of the time too!)

Mission accomplished: Sparrow nest successfully relocated to China-man’s. Sorry China-man, will try to reconstruct your nest before you return, but no promise.
No photographic tool available at time of completion, requesting early bird to intercept and obtain photographic proof.

Status history (best estimate of timing):
17:30 hours – Mastermind aborted mission. Sillyman decided to wait and see.
18:00 hours – Sparrow not sighted but vehicle and laptop remained. Dungeon Master reported that Sparrow not sighted within dungeon.
18:15 hours – Sillyman entered IM stealth mode, kept up communication with Dungeon Master. Situation didn’t look good.
18:45 hours – Dungeon Master reported sighting of Sparrow leaving the dungeon. Sparrow had eluded Dungeon Master till that moment!
19:00 hours – IM status showed Sparrow left her nest.
19:10 hours – Sillyman confirmed Sparrow had flown as vehicle gone. Go go go! Dungeon Master required 15 minutes lag time, Sillyman went in solo.
19:15 hours – Received unexpected temporary help from A.D. Programme Master, thanks!
19:30 hours – Dungeon Master arrived.
19:45 hours – Sparrow nest was relocated to cool and fun side of the building *ehem*.
19:55 hours – Put up notices as finishing touch. Mission accomplished.
20:00 hours – Dungeon Master and Sillyman disengaged and disappeared.

Notes to Sparrow:
If you have early meeting tomorrow, do arrive earlier.
Cake baked, no tiny hand/foot prints, sorry!
I deny all charges and will use the insanity plea if necessary. =P

Note to others:
Do give Sparrow a hand in backward relocation if Sparrow decides to leave the “cool & fun” side of the building. =)


p/s: this is so going to be on the blog!



- I am not CK

3 comments:

CK said...

I handed over a homemade birthday cake to Wendy this morning at her cubicle and noticed that her cubicle was rather empty, also the name tag was shown as Paul's cubicle.

Funny, what's going on?

When I finally had time to check my e-mails, I found e-mails talking about mission, spying, pseudonym and even a recognition awarded.

Most peculiar.

I have no idea what that was all about.

I later found out that someone has swapped Wendy's cubicle with Paul's, all her stuff was moved to Paul's.

Guess it's a prank on Wendy's birthday, poor Wendy...

I helped Wendy to move her stuff back since the prankster(s) didn't do anything at all, how rude!

Always nice to help a friend out.

Oh Wendy, hope you had a nice birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a suprise i got on Friday morning.. arrived as usual a few minutes before 8am..walking rather hastily as i had a meeting at 8am. Walk..walk walk... Reached the exact same spot i do every morning.. and VOILA!!.. my cube is GONE!! Literally speaking, it is EMPTY!

Got such a shock and the 1st thing that crossed my mind was that i walked down the wrong lane in our many cubicle 'lanes'. I turned around and all my cube mates were in their usual position. Sighh...that's when i know what the Plan B for my b'day was.. uprooting my nest to another cubicle! (Plan A was slightly molesting my car..thank god, it was not wrapped up =p)

I can take a pretty good guess who did it, so i walked to the most likely proprietor's place and hunt around for my stuff. Silly me that i didn't pay attention to the words that said 'Paul's cube'. Anyhow, finally located my new nest by identifying my CNY card on top of Paul's cubicle. Those evil??.. cool??..fun?? colleagues of mine re-enact my cube in Paul's cube! It's dejavu when i saw all my notice board/keychains/photos/ flowers/bear/plant were in the same exact position as they were in my cube!(that included an old pair of worn out shoes meant for lab use!!..uurrghh..who was the poor guy who transferred the shoes.??)Talk about photographic memory these folks have.

Anyhow, since my meeting was about to start, i had no choice but to go back to my empty nest and call in.. luckily my headset was left intact!! (at least they were considerate enough!) Then i saw a report on "Status Update: Operation Sparrow Nest" in my mailbox...although the report was written in pseudo/code names, i can take a pretty good guess who these "brilliant" people are: Mastermind- YT, Sillyman: I am not CK, Dungeon Master: KH. Got to give them a BIIIGG thank you for being so creative and making such an effort to suprise me. (which included staying late in office to move my stuff after i leave, and spying on me and my car!!) It has been a truly unforgettable one. And on top of that, I received a home-baked lemon cake (courtesy from "I am not CK's wife..thanksss!!). *Hint-It was an excellent cake indeed..she should consider starting home-made cake business,we will order plenty!!..OR volunteer to be guinea pigs!!*

Anyhow, everything turn out fine.. those evil??..cool??...fun?? colleagues transferred my cubicle back for me! And...not to mention, 20+ ppl shared the cake cutting ceremony with me (darn!..got such a tiny weeny piece)..which really was a great way to end the working day (even though it was only 3pm!!..sshhhh...).

Thanks a lot guys and gals for making birthday year 2007 a truly cubeless...i mean....memorable birthday for me! A big salute to the organizers!

Anonymous said...

This is 'I'm not CK's wife'. Glad that you enjoyed the cake. Didn't expect (should have expected) there will be a lot of people there to celebrate your birthday. If not, would have baked 2 cakes instead (second one to be made by I'm not CK's baby)