20 November 2007

In Transit

Back at Changi Airport, in transit to Penang on my return trip from The States.

Last I was here I was energetic and a tad creative, started on my way to be a billionaire.

(Yes I am still dreaming.)

This time I am knacked, exhausted, zombie state.

A delayed flight from Oregon to Los Angeles caused me to missed my LA to Singapore direct flight, I got on a later flight by standing-by. Else I would have had to stay a night in LA.

The flight I got on was not a direct flight, it's the smaller 777 instead of the A340. It stopped at Taipei for an hour before flying to Singapore, breaking the 18.5 hours flight into 14.5 and 4.5.

Since I got on the flight due to the grace of some passenger not turning up (probably because of delayed flight I bet), I had a terrible seat, right at the end of the airplane and a centre seat instead of my usual aisle seat.

A young chap on my right, while definately not slim, was not particularly fat. He sure acted as if he needed the space for two though, kept on elbowing me whenever he moved his left arm.

Geez, people were trying to sleep here, no touchy touchy please.

While he did apologise (once), he kept on doing it. Bummer. Oh well, I guess there are clumsy people in the world.

Anyway, not all is bad, I missed a flight but I made a friend with a guy in identical situation, who being a member of the frequent flyer club, invited me into the lounge while we stood-by for the later flight.

I left LA on Sunday, I arrived Singapore on Tuesday, mo la la two days gone thanks to long flight hours and crossing multiple time zones.

I felt cheated. =(


(didn't manage to complete the blog before I had to board the flight, so blog was posted after I left Changi)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CK, i totally agree on your beginning and conclusion- 'first time travelling to US' and 'felt cheated!' YES, tell me about it. I was in AZ for 10days and never got the chance to drive around for sight seeing. Spending whole day at meeting rooms and the rest in plane. Thanks to SIA for the wonderful vegetarian meal. Again, trapped in meeting rooms on my trip to Folsom. My credit cards were screaming to get them out of my bag. At least i see some nice waterfall photos on your trip.

Anyways, SO much for travelling to USA!!! Lost my excitement!

~Nava

CK said...

Ouch Nava...

Sounds like you had a not so pleasent trip. =(

I have learned that planning as many weekends in the trip as possible and travel with someone, especially one who knows the way (or good at organising travel) helps immensely.

I went alone as well. =( At least I got a few colleagues there that took me around for a while.

Anyway, you will know what to do for the NEXT trip, hehehe!