04 November 2007

New kid on the blog

On a whim I created an account on blogspot, jumping on the blogging band wagon. Blog, according to Wikipedia, is the fusion of web log.

New kid on the blog, only this "new kid" is 30 years old on the dot and has been maintaining a hand coded website since sometime around June 2002, using no fancy editor but the trusty Notepad. As for blogging, well, I have been sharing my write-ups since 2002 on the net, the term "blog" was still largely unknown back then.

My website is working perfectly fine, I just felt like doing something impulsive when I turned 30, and I happened to be reading a blog when the clock ticked midnight. So... the rest is history.

I am still feeling out the Blogger, see if there is any chemistry. While I do just fine with the trusty Notepad coupled with copious use of ctrl+c and ctrl+v, I am getting lazier busier, so a tool that simplifies the writing to posting process is a great boon.

Coding html, while easy and straight forward, takes time. I enjoy the writing and the sharing, the coding however, is just a necessity to publish my write-ups on the net to torture readers and make their eyes bleed share with whoever stumbled upon my site.

Let's see how it goes.

No comments: