09 March 2024

Antisocial went social


As I become more and more antisocial, I attend less and less social activities, especially those that involved large number of people I am unfamiliar with or not close to.

But I went to a farewell lunch yesterday, because it's for my hiring manager, who has a special place in my heart, and because there were only a handful of colleague friends, all of whom I am close to.

Colleague friends who were there when I first joined the company, who did some crazy and funny things together all those years ago that we probably can no longer do now without incurring some code of conduct infraction. Things have changed.

Anyway, for these people, I am willing to go social.

And I honestly enjoyed the meet up.

All the best to my hiring manager. He is someone who has earned my respect, I know he will do well wherever he goes.



Other |enjoyable events| category entries.


No comments: