22 April 2023

Need some voodoo


Didn't slept well yesterday, no thanks to a certain religion that has to force their prayers down everyone's throat. But of course we cannot say anything about it because, well, religion stuff is always touchy and sensitive, especially in Bolehland, where it's religiously used for political agenda and personal gain.

I am more of a silent prayer type. To me whatever between me and divine forces is just that, between me and the divine beings, it's private, it's in the heart, it's in my actions, and definitely not something I broadcast out loud and force on everyone within 3km radius.

After all, to me the divine teaching should be for us to be a better person, to be considerate, and definitely not to force onto others what they do not want, or to disturb others' peace and quiet, resting and sleeping time. Not sure why it has to be broadcasted out, actually, not sure why it has to be broadcasted at all, just keep it within the building where the faithful gathered for prayers would have been an elegant and respectful way of doing it. Oh well.

Anyway, while I was bombarded with loud prayers at some ungodly hours, making sleep impossible especially for a light sleeper like me, I was thinking of ways to get my peace and quiet resting time.

The immediate thought that came to my mind when I was rudely disturbed in my sleep was to blast the speakers to hell. If only I had some magical power that can destroy those speakers with merely my thought. Poof! Return the night to peace with a single thought.

Since unfortunately the prayers did not stop, and the dogs howled along as they always do, my then woken mind started thinking. If I had magical power, while breaking the speakers would definitely satisfied my vengeance, it would not solve the problem, I could do better with my magical power...

So I was thinking if I had magical power, I would make it so that only the people of that religion can hear the broadcasted prayers. That would be a win-win situation, those of the religion are the ones who wanted the prayers broadcasted, those not of the religion would rather not be disturbed. So as long as I could cast a spell and make those who don't want to be disturbed by the prayers not to hear it, and only those who want to can hear it, then everybody win!

Too bad I don't have magical power, and while I believe this can actually be done using science and technology, for example with implant into auditory system of the people of that religion so only they can hear the prayers, the prayers being broadcasted in digital signal instead of acoustic wave, there are human rights and all that, but first and foremost is that religion actually buys in into the whole thing about not wanting to disturb others, because if not, all is moot.

So, still it goes back to if only I had magical power, then those who want loud noise would get loud noise, those who don't would get their peace and quiet, my spell would respect your choice.



Other |nutty nuts| category entries.


No comments: