19 March 2022

57.5%


Official working time is from 08:00 to 17:30, that's 9.5 hours.

Minus the 1.5 hours for meal breaks, that's 8 working hours per day.

5 working days per week so that's 40 working hours.

This week, out of this 40 hours, I was in meeting 23 hours. That's 57.5% of my working time.

That's not including the various impromptu, unscheduled 1:1 meetings that started with instant messages asking for help or to discuss something that ended up becoming virtual conferences.

Tried as I may, I just can't get the thermal model done, even with working overtime. Granted, I didn't work long hours overtime thus far.

The in between meetings time periods are too fragmented to make good progress on the model. What I need is a long stretch of uninterrupted time to work.

Instead, what I get is long hours of meetings that drain my energy and scattered time slots to try to squeeze in some real work.

Bollocks!



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: