12 March 2022

Ineffective overtime


Program manager expected results yesterday, while I am still at the first stage of thermal simulation, i.e. the model generation.

There are solving and post-processing stages before getting the results, and that's assuming everything went smoothly, which almost never.

There will be problem, and there will be debugging, a few iterations of that before a successful simulation.

Hence the time period needed before I can give any useful results. But of course, the manager wants the results yesterday...

So I have to work overtime today, and tomorrow, during the weekend when I am supposed to be taking a break to recharge for next week.

And I am tired, just tired, so the progress is slow. Many hours of work for little progress.

It's frustrating, it's disheartening, it's a psychological drain on my already tired state.

Bollocks really. Bollocks.



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: