29 June 2021

Slacker moves


Slacker extraordinaire (me), while slacking is the norm, cares about his health too.

It's a dangerous world out there, there is the Coronavirus and also the many fools who are on the virus side (traitors!). For example, those who gather around the pool chatting, without mask. Ya, those...

But for the sake of my health, I gotta brave these nasty and horrible elements, and forced myself to have regular exercise outside. The strength training I do in house feels a bit... insufficient.

Can't say I am a runner, even though there was that brief stint in primary school when I was in the 4x100 metres relay school team, which really is a sprint instead of a run, I don't particularly like running.

Prefer brisk walk to running, feel that it's less damaging, a healthier choice of the two.

Anyway, started to go out to have brisk walk within the compound of my condominium after work. When time and energy permit, that is. If I have to do overtime or when I am too drained then the walk doesn't happen.

I am not enforcing any frequency, since I don't want this to become a source of stress. I do try my best to have several walks every week. Currently doing three rounds around the compound per walk, taking a few minutes shy of 30.

The brisk walk duration suits me fine for now, enough to get my heartbeat up and about the limit of my anxiety level being out in the open without a mask (tried with mask, but found breathing hard). Them maskless fools gathering around the compound chatting do not help my anxiety level.

Stay safe and healthy, everyone.



Other |flickering fling| category entries.


No comments: