10 June 2021

Fake to real


Back to work after five days long weekend. Monday was a public holiday, I took two additional days with my annual leave since I am approaching the maximum allowable leave accumulation.

And of course the first thing I did when I woke up everyday during that five days was to work. Ya, sad but true.

Ranging from slightly less than 1.5 hours to close to 2.5 hours, with an average over five days of 1 hour and 45 minutes per day.

Pretty much already lunch time by the time I finished work, so basically my five days long weekend was really just a half day leave on top of the normal weekend. Fun-testicle...

Anyway, so I am back to work today, with meetings back to back till lunch, some impromptu.

After a meeting where I was given many tasks, a colleague sent me an instant message, welcoming me back to the real life of endless work and tight deadlines. Ya, misery likes company, I totally understand. =P

My only question is, does that mean I have been living a fake life when I was on leave?



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: