31 December 2020

2020 in numbers


2020 was a year of big changes, primarily due to the Covid-19 pandemic, which impacts the whole world, forcing people all across the globe to adjust their lifestyle.

I thought I had the busiest year in 2019 workwise. Well, I thought wrong, 2020 was way worse... In fact, I just ended my work day about 20 minutes ago, had my shower and now writing this last blog entry for the year.

Here are the 2020 numbers:


125 blog entries, this is the 13th year in a row. Whenever I need some self-assurance that I am disciplined, persistent and consistent, I just have to remember this.

57 days of commute to work recorded, which covered 2091.6 kilometres, giving an average of 36.7 kilometres per day.

7 petrol filling recorded. My two years old Civic is doing an average of 14.7 kilometre per litre of petrol.

123 days of worked till overtime-worthy late. I used to consider working more than an hour beyond normal work time as overtime. There was nothing less than two hours this year, with regular at least four hours in the weekends.

To put this into perspective, 52 weeks of 5 working days = 260 working days. Take away 17 public holidays and replacement holidays we have 243 working days. Out of the 243 days I worked overtime 123 days, that's 50.6%. This is just horrible, there is no work/life balance and absolutely not conducive to my wellbeing. >_<

7.5 days of leave taken. Again, I thought I had the lowest last year... This also means that I only had 235.5 working days and so I had worked overtime 52.2% of those days! >_<

0 days on business trip. For a recluse and introvert this is actually not a bad thing, thanks Covid-19!

28 novels read, a mixture of new books and rereads, average of 13 days for a book. Oh, also reread the Dragon Ball comic, 42 books. =)

2 patent filings, what a pleasant surprise. Good achievement in life.

43, 16, 13, 11, 2 for my own reference.


Happy New Year dear reader, wish you a safe and healthy 2021. Please do your part in curbing the pandemic.



Other |hyped up heads up| category entries.


No comments: