12 December 2020

When the planets aligned


Or perhaps I should say, when the ten realms aligned...

... usually luckless person on Midgard would get a sliver of luck for a change.

A bit of background is in order. I think the background story will be the lengthy part of this entry, so just take it as the main content, hehe.

My room gets dusty frequently. The sea breeze brings with it dust from the multi-years land reclaimation project happening off the shoreline where I stay.

After I was done with comparatively short work hours (since my heart was not in it) this morning, I tidied and cleaned my work table. Basically wiped everything down with a moist cloth.

Even though I haven't had much time for gaming, I still called myself a gamer, and my preferred gaming platform is the computer, with keyboard and mouse as the favoured input device.

Any self-respecting computer gamer will have a gaming mouse, mine is a Logitech G5 bought many years ago. Before that I had the MX518.

Despite the once in a while cleaning, the inner circumference of the scroll wheel on my G5 has accumulated grime over the years.

When I tried to rub off the grime with moist cloth, the plastic or rubber scroll wheel turned soft, gluey and sticky, I didn't noticed it at first, it's when, to my horror, part of the wheel started to deform and broke off that I realised. Oh my goodness!

Why oh why a cleaning activity ended up ruining my mouse?!?!! I now have a wonky scroll wheel with chunk missing, if it's any consolation, at least it's not that sticky any more with grime stuck to it... >_<

Out of curiosity I looked up what's the successor for Logitech G5, and currently it seems to be the G502 Hero, which Logitech official site has it priced at RM399.

Okay, can't justify that kind of expense so I asked wifey if there is any offer since businessmen like to have these same day and month number sales and today happened to be the 12/12. Didn't expect it to be within budget even if it's on sales so I asked her to also check if there were any G5 still available.

It appears that the planets were aligned at that particular moment, because Logitech had a flash sales on that exact model, for RM209. It's still not cheap but it's just too good to pass.

Wifey has some other mojo that further reduced the price so she bought me the G502 Hero at less than half the official listed price.

To be honest I still can't believe the luck and timing. Imagine the profit margin the company must be making to offer such discount. But I am looking forward to recieving and using the mouse. Yes I am. ^_^



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: