15 December 2015

And the lesser evil is...


After the meeting that overran, the meeting chairperson, Mr H, came over to my cubicle to continue the discussion.

I was parched, for I had emptied my water bottle prior to the meeting and didn't get the chance to refill. So I asked Mr H whether he wanted to go get some water, he readily agreed. 

After drinking our fill and filling up my bottle, we headed to the restroom together for a much needed bio-break.

Throughout all these we were discussing work stuff, and when Mr H told me of an issue that remains unresolved, something that can potentially turn real nasty, something that should have been fixed a few months ago when we first discovered it, I advised him to escalate the issue so those who are suppose to fix it put their arses together and get it done.

I quoted the incident that just happened to another colleague of ours (Mr Y): an issue that got escalated by the other to the management that ended up with Mr Y taking the punch, needing to cancel his planned holiday next week and fly to the site in another country to support* and resolve the issue over Christmas.
* I am in danger of being dragged into this as well so all those who have been talking about me going to that site please stop it. It's like a curse that gathers in strength the more you all talk about it! >_<

Mr H and Mr Y are doing similar job scope, if his issue is not escalated by him and made known to the management before others do, then he would likely be in the hot seat as Mr Y.

So I told him to stop playing the nice guy and just raise the necessary awareness to the management. I said we should not be so nice, and that it has been my resolution lately to not be so nice.

Mr H then said I am not a nice person anyway.

Well, true.

So I said I want to be even nastier, and that I am still nicer than him anyway.

Naturally he disagrees. So I said let's ask our mutual colleague friends and see what they said. Mr H is pretty confident, saying I have always been branding myself evil so our friends will vote in favour of him.

I let him decide on the exact question to ask our friends, and he picked the two keywords: (1) nice, and (2) kind. Me versus him, who is nicer? Who is kinder?

We asked our friend to vote based on their general perception of us, without providing any specific as not to influence their vote. The voting period ends at 23:00 hours tonight, as this entry provides the specifics, I will only post this after that.

Who shall turn out to be the lesser evil of the two? Stay tuned, I shall post the voting results in the comment.


1 comment:

CK said...

Vote results as of deadline:

Kinder: me 83% vs Mr H 17% (only Mr H voted for himself, kekeke...)
Nicer: me 50% vs Mr H 50%

Reminder: we are both evil person, this vote is just to see who is the lesser evil.

So basically I lost, since I said I am all round nicer than Mr H. Our friends voted we are equally nice (equally evil) so I lost because I am not nicer, just equal.

Worth mentioning: there was an additional vote after the deadline which further increase the landslide of me being kinder than Mr H, though with that vote I am no longer as nice (evil) as Mr H, he is the nicer one with that additional vote.