28 April 2013

I'll be back (4)


In this series: |part 1| |part 2| |part 3|

All photos in this series are presented as photographed, unless otherwise specified, the only image manipulations done were resize, crop and adding watermark.

-----

April's theme for The Light Room is 'Happiness'. A theme that leaves much to interpretation and space for creativity.

High-key lighting technique popped up in my mind as soon as I saw the theme. It's something that I have always wanted to try but never did get to, and I think the technique suits the theme.

how to show that reading while eating junk food and sipping chilled Coke is a happy thing for me?
tweak: contrast +5%

Ideas for subject that popped up include reading, writing, sleeping, chocolate, board game, card game, smiling face, kids with balloons, clasped hands with the wedding bands showing, clasped hands as foreground focus framing kids playing as out of focus background, toes of parents as foreground focus with kids playing as out of focus background at the seaside. All these with high key lighting.

 
my joy in writing, sharing, and a philosophical take on the theme
tweak: software change to black & white

I know I know, some of the things may not be happiness to others but hey, this is my photo! =P

The theme also reminded me of an entry I posted a few years back, for a hand made birthday present.

 
tried a few versions, not really happy with all the attempts though. Probably should have highlighted that sentence or printed in red or some other colour
tweak: software change to black & white

Took photos of board game, of my kids playing board game, of my kids smiling faces as well. But didn't like any of those.

I need a proper DSLR, a fast lens and a dedicated flash for the people's shot to get the effect I want. Since I don't have any of those, I settled for inanimated objects.

Deefer! My stuffed toy dog with a huge smile

Those clasped hands, toes at seaside, kid with balloons images would probably be real nice if I could pull them off. For now, they will remain in my mind in their perfect form. =P

 
this is the photo I submitted, I like the tilted head Deefer more ^_^



All original work on this site is copyright C.K. Goh and may not be copied or reprinted without my express written approval.


No comments: