25 January 2009

Happy Chinese Moo Year!


Just had my "reunion dinner" with father, younger brother, wifey and His Royal Highness King Baby Hsiang.

Buffet dinner at Cafe Laurel, Evergreen Hotel, Penang (Malaysia, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Galaxy...). Stuffed my face full, Hsiang helped in wanting a walk around every so often so the exercise increased my digestion, erm... yea, something like that.

It's usual for my family to not have the whole family together for the so called reunion dinner ever since my eldest brother went overseas to study oh-so-many years ago, followed by my second elder brother, and then me, and then my younger brother.

Understandable with Chinese New Year always being at the examination period and not during university holiday period.

No biggie.

It's actually the norm to not have the whole family together since that day oh-so-many years ago, even big occasions like all the weddings so far would have one or more of the family members MIA*. Only the younger brother's to go now, maybe, just maybe, his will have the whole family attending.
*MIA = missing in action

Anyway, good thing I wore my long pants for the dinner or I would have been underdressed by comparison to all those customers who put in quite a bit of effort in their attires.

I had half a mind to wear my knee length shorts to the dinner, changed to long pants last minute (phew!). Hard Rock Cafe collar t-shirt and the pair of slacker shoes that I always wear to work on Fridays completed my attire.

Casual and no fashion sense whatsoever, go me! (what lar, genuine Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from Barcelona one ah!)


You know, actually I just wanted to post a Chinese New Year greeting, ended up with so much rubbish talk pula, ops...


Happy Chinese Moo Year!

May all of you have a wonderful and prosperous Ox year!

1 comment:

江边鸟 said...

It's really easier to eat out for reunion dinner :)

wish you and everyone of us a prosperous year ahead too!