13 September 2023

Stressed!


As usual, the simulation results are wanted last Friday, I honestly no longer have the energy to repeat that thermal model generation takes time, and running the simulation takes time too.

And I only received the latest mechanical CAD on Sunday evening, and the latest CAD is still having many unfinished stuff.

Finally got the mechanical engineer to fix all the issues at the keyboard region today, sadly it's the thermal engineer who spotted the problems and had to go through rounds of discussion to finally got all things ironed out.

Keyboard skin temperature being the critical path for the intended customer, yet such lack of attention to that region from mechanical design. Really need the colleagues to pull together and do their own job properly.

What initially thought was a few changes in component placement turned out to be a full-blown system change, thus far every single part in the thermal model I have gone through needs modification, practically generating a new thermal model.

Last Friday I said my target is to have the first thermal simulation results this Friday, as the initial plan is to have the "few" modifications completed by today.

I expected to get the mechanical CAD on Friday evening, so I have the weekend to get things started. The CAD was sent to me late Sunday evening, and I only saw it on Monday morning.

To cover the lost time I intend to work overtime everyday till I drop, and fate would have it that I am so sick I dropped after dinner on Monday, so that's another time lost.

Managed to worked till past midnight on Tuesday, but today the splitting headache forced me to stop around 23:00 hours.

It's looking like I won't be able to deliver this Friday, for I only have tomorrow (Thursday) left, the model is only half-completed, and the simulation takes hours, and that's assuming all goes smoothly for a first run, since for all intents and purposes this is basically a new model.

Feel so stressed now, which is not conducive to my recovery, and being sick is impacting my efficiency but I simply have no time to rest which is again not conducive to my recovery... the vicious cycle.



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: