30 October 2022

5th day


While there are people who enjoy it, travelling is stressful for me.

Particularly the moving from one place to another part, I would love travelling if I had the power of instant teleportation...

When we are stressed our immune system is weakened, and we become more susceptible to illness.

So the stress from the short trip weakened me, and at the same time being out and about exposed me to higher risk level, which resulted in me getting infected.

I still believe it's avoidable, that it's not inevitable to be infected by Covid-19 although practically nobody cares anymore. I was doing just fine until the trip.

The first day I tested positive, I felt like shit. Pretty much zombie on the bed, like 10% effectiveness.

The second day was slightly better, managed to pass down work before I returned to be zombie on the bed, perhaps 20% effectiveness.

Paracetamol sustained me in the first two days, the fever and the associated aches wrecked me.

The fever was finally under controlled on the third day, sub 38 degree Celcius, but the cough began. I was about 35% effectiveness then.

The fever broke on the fourth day, the coughing was killing me though. I have consumed, and still consuming, a large quantity of lozenges, Chinese cough and sore throat medicine, pastille made from herbs, fruits and honey, and the holy Himalaya Salt extra cool mint candy. I was about 55% effectiveness, that's already fully operational.

Bear in mind I frequently have poor quality sleep, so most of the time I am operating around 80% to 90% effectiveness anyway.

Today, the fifth day, I think I am 75% effectiveness. Did a Covid-19 antigen test in the morning and the results came out negative. At last.

To play it safe I am still keeping mostly in my room, just that now I do go into the kitchen to wash dishes, fill water, and carry stuff to wifey. Taking over some of the food serving, water delivery duty from the kids, bless them. Reducing their exposure is always a good thing.

The coughing is still killing me, and my body is probably full of Himalaya Salt extra cool mint candy, but at least I am mostly recovered.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: