08 October 2021

Rest in peace, Snowball


Rest in peace, Snowball (15th August 2020 to 8th of October 2021), you were a wonderful ball of cuteness.

We don't know when you were born, but you became part of our family on the 15th of August 2020, and that's all that matters.

My adorable Snowball, Ball Ball, Bally, Stinky, El Stinky de Ball, Le Stinky Balle...

The many names we gave you, which didn't meant a thing to you, since you were deaf.

Plus you had poor eyesight, but you were a resilient survivor, a fiery fighter, and we adapted to your disabilities.

We would blow lightly on you to wake you instead of spooking you with a touch. We would let you smell the scent of our hand and let you be aware of us before we touched you. We would guide you to your food using our finger, or we would simply transport you over and told you it's magic, it's teleportation!

Thank you for all the joy and merriment you brought us. Thank you for the companionship. Thank you for putting a smile on my face just standing there looking at you, even when you were asleep.

Thank you for teaching the kids compassion, responsibility, and how to take care of other living thing. Thank you for enriching our lives.

Even though it's traumatic and with profound helplessness witnessing your death throes, I am glad I was with you through the last moments of your life. I am sorry that I couldn't do more.

My heart broke when you finally stopped breathing and became still. Deep down the extremely heavy heart I knew that you suffered no more, I find solace in that.

I hope you had a good and happy life with us. I hope we had given you a better life.

I hope you are energetically running wheel in hamster heaven now. Make friends, my dear Bally, and don't bite your friends.

I am in all black today, for I mourn your passing. I will miss you.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: