27 March 2021

Pleasant surprise


Got a surprise when I checked my payslip yesterday. A pleasant surprise.

There is this entry called 'Patent Award', first time ever I have it in my payslip.

I know all along there is some monetary reward for submitting innovation that made successful patent filing. Just that I didn't really cared much about the reward amount since I just wanted the achievement of owning a patent.

So I am already very contented when I got not one but two last year. Achievement unlocked, hehehe.

My vague notion of the monetary reward is in the range of a few hundred dollars, especially given the number of inventors sharing the pie. Well, I am happy to say that my notion is off.

I don't know if the patent award I received is for one or both of my patents, but I am truly surprised by the amount. Wow!

Now I can understand and believe many of the stories I heard, and also better understand the behaviour of some colleagues. Yes, now I know.

Sure is a good investment of time and effort.



Other |sane side| category entries.


No comments: