06 March 2021

Continuous learning


My self learning of BaZi (destiny code) progressed slowly, but at least surely. In the next reading session I will most likely complete book 2 of the series.

While I learned stuff in the earlier chapters of book 2, I was demotivated going through the later part of book 2. There are quite a few chapters towards the end that rubbed me the wrong way.

In those later chapters the author kept mentioning advanced concepts not yet covered and kept using them to explain stuff, which only adds to confusion and sense of disconnect with the current content.

Also, quite a few analysis examples done on deceased famous persons felt like forced fitting of BaZi to me, so instead of being convinced, they felt more like hard selling, which is something that I innately dislike.

The end result is a lost of credibility, I felt discontented, my trust in the knowledge I am learning diminished.

But I persisted, and the very last chapter of book 2 redeemed it somewhat when it touches on practical analysis, showing a systematic way to do BaZi analysis and provided many useful summary tables for easy reference.

So ya, another session and I will be done with book 2, then I will spend some time doing my own notes before moving to book 3.

The learning journey continues.



Other |temperamental thoughts| category entries.


No comments: