01 February 2021

Underestimation


I thought it would take them two weeks to change their mind. Yet again.

Well, I thought wrong.

It only took them less than a week to change the direction of the project. Yet again.

Apparently the latest and greatest (yet again) direction was announced on the very first day of my long weekend. One day shy of a week since the previous latest and greatest direction change.

Oh well, guess I have underestimated their, erm... "efficiency".

Since I stuck to my words and didn't touch anything work related in all four days of my long overdue break, and never gave my mobile phone number to my manager, it's today that I got this direction change (yet again) update.

So I wondered, and asked, if it will change yet again this coming Friday? You know, asking so perhaps I should just wait it out instead of waste all the time and effort generating, running and post-processing the thermal model. Got the standard politically correct management response.

But I guess thermal simulation is just a "two clicks" process for the management, so the expectation for me is to provide the results within the week.

Improvement! At least it's a vague 'within the week' instead of in two days time.

Gotta celebrate the little victories.



Other |wretched workaholic| category entries.


No comments: