09 October 2019

Tarnished


"Reputation? What reputation?"

That's my standard answer when people said I have to take care of my image or reputation.

For I like to think that I have none, or more appropriately, don't care.

That applies to all the goody goody nice nice stuff, because when I really think about it, I do have two that I put in effort to maintain.

(1) Evil overlord, and (2) slacker extraordinaire.

Yup, I do care about those. =P

The thing with being a man of principle is that people will rub it in when for some reason I lapsed.

For example when I had to work overtime.

Gotta remember to stay offline, or at least appear to be offline when I have to work overtime.

Else some colleagues (stalkers?) would notice and bring it up, sometimes even associate with their imagined effect, like the rise and drop of company share price.

For the record I insist that the share price will drop if I had to work overtime, because of the negative grudge I generate. Those others who started this imagined correlation insist that the share price will go up when I work overtime.

Oh well, makes perfect sense that crazy person (me) has crazy friends... =P

Just so you know, slacker extraordinaire is a responsible person, who will do the occasional overtime when it's like, really necessary.

Okay fine, since I joined this new department I have been doing way too many overtime.

This one is on me, my bad. I am so lame, so ashamed of myself. =(

I am now slacker slightly less than extraordinary. =P


May as well bring up that typical human behaviour of taking things for granted, of ignoring and not appreciating the multitude of good deeds but remembering and highlighting the one bad deed.

I am sure my overtime is still less than my normal working hours days. (er... I think...)

Don't see them mentioning and praising me for maintaining that, pfft!

Oh, and remember, remember, that I am not bad, just evil.

Yes I am.



Other |nutty nuts| category entries.


No comments: