24 May 2014

Busy week


It has been a busy week.

The week started off pleasant enough with a full day outdoor teambuilding event. Outdoor treasure hunt, while not a new thing, was a first for me since I didn't join any such prior events.

It was tiring but fun, though I am rather let down by the supposedly fear factor challenges. The supposedly fearful stuff didn't even give me pause or moment of hesitation. I was expecting something that I have to psych myself before I can do it. Oh well.

Of course our team already identified HBK as the culprit for us not winning, due to his failure to get the marble and shoot a can. No we don't know our score, it may or may not just be a few points off but it's not important, it's all HBK's fault no matter what. =P

It went downhill after that fun day. One obstacle after another. It's as if people really want things to get into critical mode before they want to do something about them. And there I am, seemingly the only one who cares, trying to resolve things before they can turn ugly, and I have to fight for every single step.

What's wrong with these people?

So there are meetings, and meetings, and more meetings. Early morning ones, late night ones, and of course the usual work hours ones. Justifying, convincing, persuading, negotiating.

Had to prepare materials late into the night everyday, that didn't go too well with the early morning meetings.

There was a recognition dinner Thursday night, while I appreciate them recognising my contribution, I had to work till even later that night after the dinner, and needless to say there was an early morning meeting the next day. That door gift of a mini bolster is just... so temptingly appropriate yet so office conduct wise wrong. >_<

On a side note, I was seriously underdressed that night, didn't expect others to really turned up so formally-dressed. Why so serious?

Anyway, I am absolutely sleep-deprived this week.

The work week ended with a pleasant note though, a karaoke session! Yes it was a late evening session and it's almost midnight by the time I got home, but I didn't have to prepare any material yesterday night and there was no early meeting today. =)

Pleasantly surprised by a colleague's singing prowess, and mightily sad that she is leaving us soon. Would really love to go karaoke with her more. =(

Guess I should admit that I had to turn on my laptop after lunch today to clear some e-mails before they expire. Cleared enough to buy me another week before I lose any e-mails to retention expiry date. slacker point -1


No comments: