24 December 2013

It's hard to say goodbye


Feel like posting but brain is still on leave so I dug through the numerous unposted note scraps, picked this one dated 3rd of October 2013 and elaborated it.

If you were a popular person, well-liked among your colleagues and friends, then when you have announced your intention to leave the company for greener pasture elsewhere, you would have a series of farewell events lined up.

First there's that new "in" thing called a Farewell Run™, if you have a group of crazy passionate running friends, that is.

Disclaimer: I am not a passionate runner.

Then immediately after the Farewell Run™ there would be a farewell breakfast, which is more to my liking. =P

Then a farewell lunch the next day. Okay, still acceptable.

And another farewell lunch a week after that. Hmm...

Finally, there would be a farewell badminton session.

I didn't make this up (if it's a made up story, I would categorise it under 'fictitious fiction'), it's something that really happened.

By the end of it I was kind of thinking when would the person actually leave? =P


No comments: