10 July 2012

We are the champions


Departmental Sports Carnival came to an end today. There was a prize giving ceremony plus the all important lucky draw.

For the lucky draw prize of Ultrabook, I joined the foosball event, which earned my team the second gold medal. ^_^

The first being the ping pong event, of which I wasn't a part of. Just there for the lucky draw honestly, and participation is required to be eligible for lucky draw.

But since I joined, I got somewhat hooked, after all, we were leading since foosball. =)

So I went to cheer the team in basketball event, and volunteered myself as reserve for futsal. I ended up didn't play futsal at all because my sports shoes decided to split on the day, during warm-up. Not that it would have helped any, I am rubbish and the opponents were too damn good.

By the end of all five events, my team's total score was tied with two other teams, but one of them designated to third place based on the number of gold medal criterion. Hence my team was tied with the other team that also has two gold medals and so the third criterion was invoked: participation percentage of the team.

We were just a few percentage more than the other team, granting us the overall champion. Yes I know, not the most glorious way to be a champion but hey, I was there for the Ultrabook! This was just bonus. =P

Anyhow, went up the stage twice, first for the foosball champion, which got myself a medal, the second time for the overall champion. The discomfort started to creep in, me is no likey to be in the limelight one lar...

Good thing it was very brief for both times.

My hope, my dream and all my anticipation for the lucky draw was shattered as soon as the committee flashed the 70+ consolation prize winners. Yea, my name's on the list. Bummer.

Bye bye Ultrabook. Sorry wifey, your "Ultrabook" is now a wireless mouse. -_-

Nelson, the God of talking cock Birds, surely must have pulled some string with his divine friends, for he ended up with a bicycle plus full set of accessories worth more than RM1300. (Next j+1 on you!)

The world is so unfair. =P

Oh well, I suppose I should be grateful, at least I actually got something in lucky draw now. =\

The grape... so sour.

Oh, besides the medal, my team also ended up with three hampers, one for winning ping pong, one for winning foosball, and a slightly bigger one for being the overall champion.

We seperated the hampers and ended up with 60+ items, so my team had a mini lucky draw to distribute these items among ourselves. My share of the loot consist of a packet of Kit Kat, a box of chocolate, and a bottle of blackcurrent. Erm... yay?

Life is like a box of... nevermind!

Kudos to the organising committee, having led a group and organised a similar event three years ago, I understand and truely appreciate their time and effort. You know, I even designed a t-shirt for the Olympic Games all those years ago. =)

Anyhoo, this latest gold medal is now kept beside the gold medal from Olympic Games 2009, and the gold medal from paintball 2008.

All locked inside the drawer gathering dust and spiderweb, of course. =P


No comments: