06 July 2012

Emptiness


I have been eagerly looking forward to the karaoke session today for a while now. It's a much needed release of all those pent up negativity.

Wasn't in my best condition though. In fact, I was, and still am, sick. Feeling lethargic the whole day, the medicine probably made me a bit drowsy as well.

Those who know me well would know that I am seldom late, especially when I am attending something alone. Today, I was about twenty minutes late. Not intentionally, just way too sluggish today and lacking the usual attentiveness to timing.

Mind was in a dull state I suppose.

Karaoke session went well, two colleagues joined the usual gang. Though one of them ended up more interested in his mobile phone than the singing, oh well.

As usual, I shouted my head off, what a relief. My only regret is that I should have sung the gentler, softer song that I really like lately first before I sang the high key ones. For I lost my voice after all the screaming and couldn't really manage the gentler, softer song.

Ah well, at least I shouted my head off, that's of upmost importance. Not only it's a relief, I can torture the others in the process, win-win, muahahaha!

Yes yes I am evil in case you are not aware. =P

Though, when I got home after the singing, there is this strange sense of emptiness. It's as if I have emptied myself of everything.

It could just be the fatigue catching up, or my usual depression hitting me. Whatever it really is, it's not pleasant. Where's the usual excitement after a karaoke session?

Hmm...


No comments: