04 October 2011

The Crunch


The crunch has begun.

On last count, I currently have ten tasks on my plate.

Of which one I will ignore until I am really free.

One can still wait for a least a month.

Another I will push out till late next week.

There is one that my part is mostly done, which I will delegate.

The one that starts in earnest next week is something that I rated low priority but my manager thinks otherwise. Seriously, of the many colleagues who work on that same task, it has gotta be me?

Then there is that one which will probably not happen for a few weeks yet but when it does, I will have to drop everything to do it.

The four left are a mixture and combination of urgent, important, critical and on tight deadlines.

And typically, I have to be at two different places in order to complete these tasks. I really don't know why some people think I can be at two different places at the same time?

Crunch time... so not liking it.


No comments: