19 October 2011

Random Thoughts


- the unconscious mind -

I guess unconsciously I have been worrying about today's sharing session, even though I wasn't the person doing the main sharing.

Worrying about the attendance, the delivery by my colleague, and the reception.

This being the first ever open sharing session didn't help, I supposed.

I guess being the lead for this thermal technical competency team I just felt responsible for everything, including the quality of my colleague's presentation. Illogical, oh well, but that's how I felt nevertheless.

Anyway, it turned out alright. Attendance, while mostly from other departments, was slightly more than double of what I expected. The delivery was alright even though I saw some dozing off or with blank expression, the colleague doing the main sharing has a distinctive lecturer style and tone, heh.

Here's hoping that at least some of those attended the session learned something. Judging from the responses and replies from the case study I put together at the end of the session, I believe a few did. =)

All said, I felt unexpectedly relieved and lightened of heart at the end of it.

What worth is knowledge if not shared?

-----

- the souvenir -

Totally unexpected, I shamelessly demanded, and then greedily snatched received a souvenir from a collegue/friend who just came back from Vietnam.

It's a keychain in the shape of a rather cute Vietnamese lady.

Thank you ah Moon for caving in to our relentless and shameless demand your kind offer, you da star! ^_^

=P

-----

- feedback? -

What do I have to do to get people to post comment, or to simply select one of the "Reactions" check boxes at the end of the entry?

Could really use some feedback you know? Especially on the Ducky & Friends series, want to find out the reception to it so I can decide whether to drop it or to continue.

Clicking a box also so difficult meh?

If you really do not understand what the Reactions choices are, here's an explanation:

1. like! ^_^ is, er... like
2. meh! >_< is dislike
3. nuts! 0_o is if you think the entry is totally crazy, insane, ridiculous...

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Just click one, can?

Thank you very much. =)


No comments: