29 July 2010

Brotherly Love


mum: Hsiang, do you want book or toy as your birthday present?
son: book.
mum: *taken aback* are you sure you want book instead of toy?
son: well, you can buy the toy for didi.
mum: but it's not didi's birthday, so he is not getting birthday present.
son: didi can share my birthday so he gets present.
mum: that's very nice of you.
son: *smile shyly* it's okay mama.

A few parenthood wins here:
- book over toy, win! (bookworm family, woohoo!)
- virtue of sharing, win!
- loves his younger brother, WIN!

You know, this is why being the sole bread winner so the children have a full time mum is worth it. =)



Happy birthday to His Royal Highness King Hsiang!

I think we have to drop the "toddler" term from the title as the young man is three years old now. ^_^



2 comments:

HoneyBee said...

It's the reason why I love to be a stay home mom as well (though at times I wish that I'm not around when the little monsters are horrid!)
No matter how horrid they are, I still love them to bits.
Happy Birthday my son!

CK said...

Happy "mother-suffer" day!

=D