24 July 2010

Bins & SK-II


Saw YKK and RB in Gurney Plaza on the two days that I happened to be there this week. The formal when I ran over after dinner to pick up a cross cable for lab work, and the latter when I was there to purchase the movie tickets for the upcoming teambuilding event.

Haven't seen them since moving to ulu place. Eye candies, we could really use more in the work place. Looking at ladies easy on the eyes is a perfectly normal thing for men,
good for men's health and prolongs their lives too.

While a few of my lunch buddies would feel otherwise, YKK simply never appeals to me. Just not my type I guess, everyone has his/her own taste. However RB did appeal to me, did, but no more.

Not sure what have changed, but RB looks different now, and lost that something that I found attractive. Oh well. Doesn't matter really, what matters is having more eye candies at ulu place. Goodness knows we need that.

-----

Seen some ladies with a "plastic" look recently, as if there's a layer of artificial substance covering their face that reflects light.

Only there isn't, well I think there isn't anyway since I didn't go up close and inspect. Don't want to get slapped, no thank you.

Tonight my brainwave finally connected and I realised it has got to be the effect of the SK-II product, whatever it's called, the thingy that makes you "glow". The lady in the SK-II TV commercial has the same "plastic" look!

Each to his/her own but I am one who prefers the natural look. I am Chinese and I am supposed to be yellow with black hair, not white with red/blond/<insert dye colour> hair, thank you very much.

Okay okay, I have no hair but I assure you they are of my natural black! =P

Thanks to the power of advertisement and the "grass is always greener on the other side" mentality, yellow people wants to be fair, black people wants to be white, while the white people wants to be tan. And companies like SK-II rake in billions.

The plastic glow thingy is really taking it too far, come on, who on earth glows naturally? I suggest those who have forgotten their root to go look at newborn babies, they possess beauty in the most pure, natural way.

As usual, can always count on human beings to destroy themselves.

Seriously, what's wrong with just being your natural self?

No comments: