12 June 2010

Random Thoughts


From From Backyard to Battlefield on Discovery Science today:

"Engineering is about making something poorly, then making it less poorly."

-----

Here's one of the reasons why gamers spend hours and hours playing games:

Link to movie clip

World of Warcraft is a big, beautiful virtual world.

Really it is.

-----

Manager and friends, the two major deciding factors.

I have opted to stay with the presumably sinking ship. I will hold it out with my manager, who is really a good manager.

This means I am going to lose some close colleagues, whom I treat as my friends. They are going to jump ship.

Even if I jumped ship, I would likely end up being in a completely different ship to my friends who jumped anyway. A mechanical engineer in a predominantly E&E and Computer Science based company has limited options. Worse if you were a sizzling hot and tantalising cool thermal engineer.

Not all colleagues are friends, so it's really saddening that soon I will have to part with a big portion of my rather small number of work place friends.

Me is sad.

-----

World Cup has started.

I highlighted the few matches that I like to watch. Basically if any of these countries is against each other, it's worth watching in my humble opinion:

France, Argentina, England, Germany, Denmark, Italy, Brazil, Spain, Switzerland, Portugal.

Not really interested in the other countries.

Problem is, I have no Astro sports channel subscription and RTM1/RTM2 only airs the those crappy* matches.
*just my opinion, don't kill me.

Guess it's just the semifinals and final for me then. Oh well.

No comments: