28 June 2010

Colour me puzzled


I don't get it, why oh why?

Three years old son who doesn't give a rat arse about having higher than 39°C fever, who defaults to "I don't want" and crying non-stop when it comes to medicine, doctor checking him, and the mere sight of any nurse.

Eight months old son who doesn't care one way or another as long as he is with his mommy. Else the house comes down. Father is included in the "else".

Wifey who wants to change to another hospital because the current hospital ran out of room in the pediatric ward and places the boys in a room one level higher.

Doctor who doesn't bother to check for hand, foot and mouth disease despite the current outbreak in the state. Who only did so after being prompted by me on the second consultation. Er... watch news much? At least the doctor had the grace to look apologetic, rightly so as now both instead of just one of my sons are suffering.

Hospital system that's so inefficient, both sons discharged from the same room at the same time under the same doctor, yet the documents are readied one hour and three minutes apart. Also one would have thought the account and billing department would be the most efficient, yet wanting to pay the bill is also such a drag.

I also wonder whether it's just coincident that each time there is a bonus payout, my family ended up in the hospital? It has happened three times consecutively now.

You know, if there were higher beings and I was destined to never able to enjoy my bonus. Could you burn my bonus in another way and not make my family suffer for it?

Seriously, can things change for the better already?


No comments: