22 April 2010

Ass in Tiger's Hide


I am a worrier, I get anxious easily, and I'm not at all good at handling stress, so I stressed easily as well.

Much as I like to be like Tigger, honestly I am more like Eeyore. After all, I suffer from the occasional depression.


image source

In case you haven't heard this before, depression being a psychological illness is why I often joke about me being crazy.

The nature of my work involves a lot of ambiguities and changes, these induce stress. But it's okay, because like may things in life, we can choose how we react. So these stresses are treated as motivators and challenges, they keep the work interesting.

It's my choice to be like Tigger as much as possible, I guess in other words, I am an ass in tiger's hide.



image source

However there are also things in life that we have no control over. Much as I like to not let these things affect me, but when it involves uncertainty in the continuation of my job security, the tiger's hide came off in a jiffy and I am your worrier extraordinaire.

Of course I know worrying over something that I have no control of is a waste of energy, but I just can't help it. Being the sole bread winner for the family sucks.

But again that's a choice I made, to be the sole bread winner for the family so my children can grow up under the love and care of a full time mum. For this reason, the worrier has to be a warrior.

You know, Eeyore is adorable in its own way. Really.



No comments: