04 June 2009

pause work GO play


Department is making a t-shirt for the up-coming teambuilding event and if all went as planned, we should see something similar to the following.

Ideally, the catch phrase will look something like this:


For those who don't get it, it reads: "pause work GO play", and remember, you see it here first! =P

It's the result of a sudden brain wave that hit me when I was driving home yesterday thinking that I got to do something about the t-shirt design.

No disrespect to the other t-shirt designers but the original design of stick figures holding hands is just a tad too cute, bordering on childish, for my taste.

Please don't hate me. =(


The catch phrase design went through a few iterations before settling into this one. At the very beginning the word "work" didn't exist, in its place I drew a laptop, but I cannot draw a laptop well and a single "GO" word seems a bit odd. So it ended with this one.

Also, a stop button instead of pause was considered but I decided to stick with pause since I don't want my colleagues to throw away their works, I just want them to take a break for the teambuilding event.

Else boss will fire my arse for sending the wrong message! =P


A few pictures of leisure to represent great place to work were drawn, out of those I picked five. These will go on the back of the shirt. I dropped a few pictures like balloon, kite, playstation.

Hopefully we will see something similar to these on the department t-shirt soon. =)

Oh, and if you see someone with no respect of intellectual property plagiarising these images and this fantastic catch phrase *ehem*, feel free to collect royalty on my behalf.

Just remember to give me my cut! =P




No comments: