10 June 2009

Burning Out


I think I am at the brink of burning out.

Today when colleagues asked whether I was ready to go home and I said "yes, wait for me", they were surprised. Since for the past few months, my reply had always been the same:

"You all go first lar, I still have work to do."

Today, it's not that I didn't have work still to do, I was in fact half way post-processing a model results, but I simply couldn't take it anymore. So in a very uncharacteristic move I left the work half done, shut down, and cabut.

The long working hours and rushes of work had finally taken their toll, I am constantly tired recently and I perceived a decline in my efficiency.

Me think, it's high time for a break.

After all, I have a slacker reputation to maintain.



On a funnier note, a colleague said I was motivating people going from one cubicle to the next...

Me motivating people when I lepak around because I needed a break from my work?!?!??

I found that ridiculous so I laughed. On hindsight I should probably feel flattered and be smug. =P

Seriously I don't know how some of my colleagues perceived me. Come on lar, don't say it like it's real ler! =P

2 comments:

江边鸟 said...

you are only a slacker by name :)

I'll soon take over you as the slacker extraordinaire ~

CK said...

NoooOOoOOoooOOooO!

>_<

You will never take over my slacker extraordinaire position. NEVA!