22 May 2009

If You Can Dodge the Ball...


... you still have to comply with the umpire's decision!

Yes, that means YOU, all of you who gave the umpires a hard time in the recent dodgeball game.

The umpires volunteered their time to stay back, stood under the sun and refereed all the matches non-stop, the least we can do is to cut them some slack and respect their decision.

Umpires are human, human made mistakes, and dodgeball is such a vigourous sports that sometimes it's just impossible to catch all of the hits, faults or what not. Live with it!

For goodness sake it's a game, the objective is to have FUN, to release stress, not to create more!

Come on, show some sportsmanship please.

For all the efforts we have put into the Departmental Olympic Games, the only thing I wished in return was seeing smiling faces after every event. Not pissed off dark faces, it defeats the purpose and as one of the organisers it made me feel like we have failed.

I know I had fun in all the events I participated so far, which is all of them. I may suck in all of the events but I sure as hell gave my best and made myself available as long as my captain wanted me in.

I have no problem admitting my lack of skill, or how craptastic I am. That doesn't stop me from participating and having fun while doing do. It's ultimately, participation that counts, winning is just icing on the cake.

You know, I am suppose to write a news flash style entry like what I did, saying in a jovial way the superb one-man-show of the captain of The Merciful 9 who eliminated a Big Donut player with every ball he threw, no missed ball! We should really screen him for performance enhancing drug. =P

And about how that fantastic curve ball hit me with such shocking surprise and respectable force. Ever seen the curving bullets in Wanted? Yea, it's just like that.

Oh, and about how I hate being the last man standing in the deciding match and got eliminated breaking all hope for the team. I know I would feel great if I won that match for the team, giving Big Donut a shot at Dodgeball champion.

Oh well...


I think, somewhere deep inside, the Departmental Olympic Games had ended for me. I know there are still telematches, but... I don't know... It's like the flame has been doused, people are no longer having fun, and the events are getting further and further aways from sports and closer and closer to food.

Olympic Games eh?

Unfitting name, should just call it Departmental Makan-makan Telematch Games

No comments: