18 February 2009

My Colleagues


My colleagues come in various shapes and sizes, different personalities and behaviours, there are...

...those who do all the grunt works but say very little

...those who don't do much or at all but speak a lot and loudly

...those who are in love with their own voice, who will speak up given half the chance, no matter if it's relevant or not

...those who really know their stuff and command respect when they speak

...those who pretend that they know their stuff which ended up sounding mildly amusing or outright foolish

...those who suffer role ambiguity (self confusion really) and act as if they are managers instead of just mere engineers

...those who you can rely on to brighten your day

...those who you avoid as much as possible

...those who are good to bounce ideas with

...those who are only good if you feel like banging your head on a brick wall

...those who you laugh with

...those who you get laughed at

...those who you bring out of work life

...those who you limit strictly to work life only

...those who write, read, AND leave comments on blog

...those who read but not bothered to leave comments on blog

...those who don't read (anything)

...those who say the data is testiclely significant instead of statistically significant (data has balls too, I guess...)



While I might only be thinking of a certain colleague when I wrote a sentence, I used "they" to avoid specifying the gender.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... you always amuse me with your blogs... so that's what "TE" stands for you a... hehehe

CK said...

Not me Anna, but one of our colleagues said that.

True story I assured you.