21 August 2008

Efficiency

Time to plan an outing event covering...
  • around 40 people
  • an outdoor activity
  • a meal
  • budget
  • logistics
  • transportation
... less than an hour.

Time for the plan to go through the approval chain hierarchy and managerial buy-off...

...

... ...

... ... ...

... ... ... ...

... I don't know, am still waiting. I do know not to hold my breath though. =)

By the time the response comes and after all the likely "suggested modifications", which probably come in several versions spaced a few weeks apart, sometimes contradicting and/or doesn't make much sense, are implemented, it's probably past the quarterly event budget allowance date so it's an automatic no go.

Er, yippie?



If I lost my job because of this post I know either some managers were reading this or some colleague thought it's funny to tell them... =P

No comments: