10 June 2023

Diablo IV has arrived


Diablo IV has officially arrived on 6th of June 2023.

For those with moola aplenty, it arrived a few days earlier. Since I cannot justify the extra cost just to play the game a few days earlier, as the other so called benefits do not interest me in the least, I joined those who only purchased the base package of the game and entered this fourth iteration of the world of Sanctuary on 6th of June.

Diablo I is the game that got me into playing computer game more seriously, so I am a loyal fan of the Diablo game series. Yes, including the disgrace that is Diablo Immortal which I am more than happy to leave behind now that Diablo IV is here.

As I am in for the long haul, I am playing it a lot slower compared to when I had only a few days to play during the beta. Life circumstances are not conducive to gaming recently anyway, busy with work, family issue, depression...

yes I know, I took this screenshot in beta but just had to take another because it's awesome

Really it's only after lunch today (as was working overtime in the morning) that I got some worthy amount of game time in, and finally completed Act 2 of the main storyline. I am leaving the side quests, dungeons, map exploration, Lilith altar hunting, et cetera, to after I have completed the main questline.

Lilith, holding a soulstone, in one of the cut scenes in Act 2

Well, a bit of spoiler here so stop reading if you don't want to see any spoiler regarding the storyline. *SPOILER warning!*

Coming a full circle of soulstone in the head nearing the end of the main questline in Act 2. The cut scenes brought back fond memory of Diablo I.

That's my progress so far, will play on my own pace to complete the main storyline and then see what hits my fancy, be it any of those activities mentioned earlier, starting another class, or going all the way to max level. I am in no rush, I intend to play the game for years to come.



Other |geeky gaming| category entries.


No comments: